Best audio summaries of GTD for newbie and review

RobertWall

Registered
Hey everybody!

What do you consider to be the best resource for introducing a newbie to GTD?

I have all the GTD audio resources (the original audiobook, the new audiobook, Making It All Work, Ready For Anything, GTD Live, Weekly Review, etc.), and I'd like to have my other half listen to one of them - so I'm trying to pick the best one.

And in a separate (but related) question....if you were going to review an audio program periodically to keep DA's ideas in your head, which program would you pick?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be fantabulous. :)

Geeko

GTD since 2017
I would recommend the GTD podcast. That way your other half wouldn’t have to sign up for a multi-hour audio book ;)
If I remember correctly there are some nice lectures David gave which are about one hour long. That might be a good start. Once your better half gets the hang of it you can switch to the audiobooks.

Start with smaller bites and let it grow, that’s what I would recommend.

Cheers,
Tristan

Oogiem

Registered
What do you consider to be the best resource for introducing a newbie to GTD?
My suggestion is to give the Making it All Work book instead.

For me audio inputs are worthless. I can neither remember nor understand it unless I read it. So unless you know for sure your other half is an audio learner I sure wouldn't start with anything spoken. If that had been my introduction to GTD I'd have run away screaming and moved on.

If neither audio nor reader learner then consider something that focuses on writing things down. I don't have any ideas there but someone else sure might.

RobertWall

Registered
My suggestion is to give the Making it All Work book instead.

For me audio inputs are worthless. I can neither remember nor understand it unless I read it. So unless you know for sure your other half is an audio learner I sure wouldn't start with anything spoken. If that had been my introduction to GTD I'd have run away screaming and moved on.

If neither audio nor reader learner then consider something that focuses on writing things down. I don't have any ideas there but someone else sure might.

Don't know whether she's an audio learner or not, but she listens to audiobooks at work all the time. :) So I could start her with the audio of Making It All Work (which I have) and if she wants the book later, I can always get her that. :)

mcogilvie

Registered
I like the Ready for Anything audio. Read by David Allen, it’s a good introduction to the thinking behind GTD.