• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Blackberry GTD Questions?

I’m considering the move from a Treo (palmOS) to a Blackberry Curve using Blackberry Enterprise Server and have some questions:
  1. Is there a limit to the number of categories on the Blackberry? This is one of the reasons I’m considering the move from a Palm based system.
  2. Will the Blackberry synchronize email folders in addition to the standard inbox? I maintain @support and @waitFor subfolders in Outlook; it would be nice to access these on the Blackberry.
  3. Are the tasks and notes wirelessly synchronized? Using Microsoft ActiveSync and the Treo (palmOS), task and notes must be synchronized separately with HotSync.

Your input is very much appreciated.
 
Hi MikeyLa,

1) No.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

I am using NextAction! for GTD as the BlackBerry's internal task application is kind of not productive in the way to select a context (you need to define a filter first :().
 
Agree with funkym but would also suggest you need to look at NextAction! as an app to manage tasks instead of the native app. Main reason is it makes working with categories (ie contexts) much easier.
 
Top