• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Braindead Tip

I've got a tip for my braindead list that I would like to share.

I like to keep my setup as minimal as I can. I only use context, start date, end date and repeat (and the last two sparingly at that!) I've been trying to incorporate a braindead list without adding bloat. I think I've finally cracked it.

My solution is simple and doesn't need any extra columns: Just add zzz to the task name. Initially I started adding it to the start so I could find my braindead tasks together at the end of the alphabet. But then I realised I could save a custom search and add the sleepy zzz to the end of the name.

Other things I considered were tags, folders and a separate @Braindead context, but they all had their downsides.

Hope someone finds this tip useful!
 
Sounds like a great idea. I use paper and was considering adding little coloured tags to some pages, that would stick out, so I could continue whatever file system and still also be able to find certain types of things.
 
Top