• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Briefcase/Bag/Backpack

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Anyone have any favorites they care to share for a good bag. I have used several and currently use a North Face Recon backpack which I am tioring of ( I put too much stuff into it!). I don't carry a laptop so no need for huge bag-actually prefer less. Thanks
 
Bags, Briefs, Backpacks

All -

I'm currently using Lands' End's "Vertical Briefcase" bag. It's a "three-in-one" bag - which can be carried by a handle, shoulder strap, or used as a backpack.

It has a built-in padded sleeve for the laptop, a cavernous main cargo compartment, flap pocket, smaller "pouch" pockets with zippers - perfect for holding my CD Walkman, or a small pad/planner, plus enough smaller pockets for pens, ID's, Palm Portable Keyboard, PDA and/or Blackberry, as well as a water bottle holder on the side.

It holds enough that I can even fit a couple of changes of clothes into it - including workout wear for the gym.

I believe it goes for around $60 - 70 and can of course be monogrammed.
 
Re: Briefcase/Bag/Backpack

Guest said:
I don't carry a laptop so no need for huge bag-actually prefer less. Thanks

I just re-read your original post. My first comment was "assuming without really reading" that you wanted to carry a laptop around. I mean everyone wants to do that right? :)

So ... when I don't carry my laptop around I use a bag from Eagle Creek (it does actually carry my TabletPC if I needed to) but it doesn't appear to be on the market anymore.

They do have something new: http://www.eaglecreek.com/60098.html that might work.

Steve
 
Bag/Briefcase/Bag

Thanks to all- very good ideas . I looked at all and made a choice from the bagreview site- the Dana Designs Suit bag. Will let you know how I like.
 
Laptop Backpacks

Hello all,

I am using Laptop Backpacks, as i have carry laptop daily as well some sort of thing like notepad, pen pencil, and some small accessories, you can check here
Laptop Backpack
 
Anonymous;21791 said:
Anyone have any favorites they care to share for a good bag.

I have a belt pouch I made that I carry my notepad, a couple of pens, my camera, my treo phone, a few business cards and the printed list of all the sheep we own. It's on one side of my belt. The other side I carry my leatherman tool and my epipen. One pocket has keys the other a handkerchief. When I go to town I add a lovely Coach leather purse I found at the thrift store for $5 (score! :-) ) where I have the checkbooks for both businesses and our personal one, my wallet with ID and money, keys for other buildings I need to get in to like the historical society museums, and a small bag with a few cough drops, chapstick, safety pin etc. My purse also has all the coupons I've collected for stuff we might get and more business cards.

I wish I could look a bit more fashionable but I need hands free when I carry my stuff and women's clothing is never made with enough pockets. I'm on the look out for a small across body shoulder bag that I can wear in a dark brown or khaki color to see if I can replace my belt pouch but haven't found anything that works. everything is too big or too small. I may just have to make my own.
 
Leather bags

I bought a Saddleback Leather medium sized briefcase in chestnut. I wanted something small enough that I could carry it everywhere, nice enough that I wouldn't have to switch to another briefcase to go into a meeting, and rugged enough that I could walk in the rain, drop it in the mud, and set it on gravel without worrying about it. I purchased a small pouch that clips onto the side that I can take when I just want to carry wallet, keys, phone, plane tickets, and UCT.

Saddleback bags are a significant investment but you will NOT regret it. They have lots of sizes and every one of them is as appropriate for a safari as the executive boardroom.

In the past I had used one of those Swiss messenger bags, a vertical messenger bag (9x12), a backpack or two, and a large Hartmann briefcase.

I love my Saddleback bag and use it exclusively. I can fit all I need to in it without having a bunch of useless space.

JohnV474
 
Brenthaven Bags

I have a collection of 3 different Brenthaven bags and use them all in various contexts. Great product. You can probably find them for sale on mostluggage/briefcase sites. BTW, I don't work for them!
 
Top