• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Calendar

  • Thread starter Thread starter pbs
  • Start date Start date
P

pbs

Guest
What kind of calendar works best with GTD? I'm so used to needing lots of room for to-do lists and I suppose I don't really need it using this method. What works best for most of you?
 
Palm and Outlook

I have no complaints about the Palm calendar. I am using KeySuite currently, since I had to buy it to get around Palm's address book limitations.

I don't see any significant difference in calendar functionality, although there is a nice app, KeyToday, that displays all appointments and tasks that have a due date of today.
 
I use an iPAQ 4150, with the Outlook calendar on my laptop synced with it. I keep a Year-at-a-glance calendar to review the landscape when required. Works well for me thus far.
 
My advise PBS is a Palm, you have a great calendar, a lot of space for todos and a great portable interface.

I try paper before, but my planner was so big that was a pain to carry, therefore my capture was really limited. Now with the palm is been improved by 300%

Sadly need the 20% DA talks in an old newsletter.....
 
Re: Calendar

What kind of calendar works best with GTD? I'm so used to needing lots of room for to-do lists and I suppose I don't really need it using this method.

The best?

A current one.

Keep it current with:

-Day specific actions
-Time specific actions
-Day specific information/reminders

Review it regularly to see the power of a current calendar.
 
Top