• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Can anyone recommend an alternative to JCV GanttPro 2?

I occasionally use an application called JCV Gantt Pro for managing projects which require significant amounts of time and effort over a period of weeks or months. (I first learned about it on these forums a few years ago.) It strikes a nice balance between power and simplicity; much simpler to use, for example, than Microsoft Project. It works great as a stand-alone product but was designed also to integrate with MindJet's MindManager software.

JCV Gantt Pro apparently no longer exists. It looks like it was acquired by MindJet and then discontinued. The newer version of MindManager has some project planning functionality built into it (it can generate Gantt charts, for example) but it looks pretty weak by comparison. I don't see that it tracks resource utilization and it does not track project costs.

I still use JCV Gantt Pro but since it's an orphan I know the time will come when I will be forced to find something else. And since I first learned of it here, I thought I would ask if anyone can suggest an alternative.
 
Top