• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Cleaning Up Your Lists

If my lists get to long, that's where the weekly review comes in and just offload to someday/maybe. And/or just say no to your boss!
 
When you practice Getting Things Done, or any other productivity system, the focus is on making lists so you don't forget ideas of tasks. But what happens when your lists get too long? David Allen has some ideas.
Watch here.
https://youtu.be/Mq6fM-dcTr4

Because I don't review as frequently as I should, or as thoroughly as I should, my lists naturally inflate until they fire an exception in my head and beg to be "fixed". I'm pretty immune to the pain, until I am not and my brain gives full rein to be ruthless, and ruthless I am.
 
Top