Coaches' Corner -> In the Trenches?

Julian

Registered
It looks like "Coaches' Corner" is now "In the Trenches".
I just noticed the change. When did that happen?

Tara

Registered
Liked Coaches' Corner better

Hi Julian,

thanks for pointing that out. In the Trenches sounds a bit too militaristic for my taste. Don't know when the change occurred but I liked the old name better. What do you think?

Best wishes for a Happy New Year,
Tara

sdann

Registered
"Coaches Corner" because it sounds like it comes from the professional GTD experts we all look to for advice.

Barb

Registered
Maybe...

Maybe they are just trying to differentiate "Connect" content from the Davidco website content, which also has a "Coach's Corner".

S

SarahB

In The Trenches

Thank you for the thread! We just changed the name to In The Trenches on December 30th. We chose the name because we wanted it to reflect how our coaches are sharing their experiences from "In The Trenches." They hear from individuals on a daily basis - through one-on-one coaching and presenting seminars - so they know the challenges and opportunities that so many of us are facing. And they have suggestions, tips, and tools that can help.

If anyone reading this thread has a question for our coaches, please send it to connect@davidco.com. And stay tuned for more great features in this section shortly!

Julian

Registered
Could use a "change" note in ITT column

At least you know we are paying attention :)

If the CC/ITT column is about implementation, ITT makes sense to me.

My suggestion is that the webmaster add a note at the top of ITT that says "formerly called CC". After 1-2 months, the note will no longer be needed to avoid confusion.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
I'm curious on your thoughts

Some of you are going to get a chuckle out of this, given the thread below.

I am considering changing the name of "In The Trenches" to something that I think better reflects what this area of Connect is all about. In The Trenches is a bit militaristic to me (Tara mentioned the same). Would love to get some of your thoughts on new titles.

Purpose of this section of Connect is for our Coaches to talk about what they are seeing in their client work, respond to questions members submit, and share their best practices in applying GTD.

Names I am considering:
Coaches' Connection (its former name)
Coaches' Corner
GTD in Practice
Inside GTD
Practical & Tactical with the Coaches

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Kelly

apinaud

Registered
Kelly, I will like go back to the Old Name... Coaches' Connection (and yes I chuckle)

I believe that explain better the objective of that, my SO for that is to connect with the experiences that the DavidCo Coaches had day to day; therefore Coaches' Connection

best,

Barb

Registered
Hmmmm. I actually thought the name used to be Coaches Corner.

At any rate, I vote for "Coaches Connection"...explains what will be found there and extends the Connect brand.

You didn't ask, but it's the best part of my Connect membership for me!

TesTeq

Registered
Coaches' Notepad

Barb;66226 said:
Hmmmm. I actually thought the name used to be Coaches Corner.

I also think that it was "Coaches' Corner".

I would reserve the "Coaches' Connection" to any future on-line coaching sessions in real-time (chat).

My suggestion is Coaches' Notepad which reflects the off-line character of the communication. I imagine GTD coaches writing their thoughts into the leather bound high quality notebook which is available only for the circle of initiated GTD Connect members.

For a while I even considered Coaches' Book of Wisdom. :)

Vote for Coaches' Notepad :!:

Julian

Registered
Full circle

Kelly,

Since I started this thread, I had to add my 2 cents.
I like the name change.
It's almost back where it started, but, as Barb said, ties in nicely with the "Connect" concept.

Regards,

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Did you notice this fabulous change?

When you now click "New Posts" from the Forum, it tells you which new posts are in the GTD Connect Forums vs. Public Forums.

Attached files

Barb

Registered
I did notice

Kelly,

I think the forum changes are terrific. I prefer to stay in the "Connect Realm" and appreciate your making it easier to do that!