• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Coordinating appointments with calendly

Hi,

this is not so much a GTD-tool-tipp per se but I fund a cool (free for limited purposes) service for booking appointments.

On two mornings a week I coach people in time slices of 1.5 hrs how to find jobs online. These are face to face appointments and I was looking to 'smoothen' the porcess of booking those slots, as I could not offer slots to someone until another poeron had decided on whcih slot they'd take.

I had come across calendly.com some time befoire that and fouond it was the easiest to use booking system that I could find (that also had a free option).

What you do:
- You define length, starting times and days for appointments and the time that is bookable in the future (1 week, 3 weeks ...)
- you communicate to the persons the URL whee they can amke the bbooking
- they click, enter name and Mail adress and you and them get a confirmation e-mail
- the appointment is auto-magically entered in your calendar (several systems available

Now the cool thing:
- if someone cancels and you delete the calendar entry, the time slot is open again
- if you enter another (conflicting or personally arranged) appointment in the calendar, this option automatically vanishes from the bookable options
- this works with sevcerak different (online) calendar systems like Office360 oder Google.

I found this a very smooth and time saving process (now I can initiate appointments with many people at the same time ... and there are no conflicts, when they pick time slots ) and even non IT-savvy customers can handle it.

I am not affiliated with calendly in any way ;)

Oliver
 
Top