Could "GTD" also be accurately. . . . ?

gtdstudente

Registered
Fellow GTDers,

Could "GTD" also be accurately described as 'GME' as in "Getting Mind Empty" ?

GTD thinking: 'GME' for "GTD"

GTD thank you for any GTD thoughts you might have

Last edited:

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
Fellow GTDers,

Could "GTD" also be accurately described as 'GME' as in "Getting Mind Empty" ?

GTD thinking: 'GME' for "GTD"

GTD thank you for any GTD thoughts you might have
This may be my favorite pondering from you, @gtdstudente !

I experience that a lot of people getting hung up on the title of GTD: "But I AM getting things done!" So I often focus on the secondary title of the book - "The art of stress-free productivity" - and a key to this an empty, or perhaps rather a clear, mind...

gtdstudente

Registered

I experience that a lot of people getting hung up on the title of GTD: "But I AM getting things done!" So I often focus on the secondary title of the book - "The art of stress-free productivity" - and a key to this an empty, or perhaps rather a clear, mind...
René Lie,

Very kind of you

Hopefully it will be unregrettable GTD encouragement

Thank you

mickdodge

Registered
"Mind like water"

iu

Mind Like Water: A mental and emotional state in which your head is clear, able to create and respond freely, unencumbered with distractions and split focus.
—David Allen

gtdstudente

Registered
mickdodge,

Very GTD nice . . . "mind like water"

Also love the 'GTD music' composed by David Allen:
Mind Like Water: A mental and emotional state in which your head is clear, able to create and respond freely, unencumbered with distractions and split focus.
—David Allen

Off to the races. . . .

Thank you very GTD much

gtdstudente

Registered

René Li,

You have me GTD thinking that there is a certain "clarity mystery to 'empty'" . . . or perhaps . . . there is an "empty mystery for clarity" that might also be worthy of pondering more on this end?

Thank you very much

gtdstudente

Registered
@TesTeq,

Yes . . . GTD good of you to notice, thank you very much

At the GTD risk of your regretting for asking:

Green because water is subjectively deemed herein as 1/5 of the particular Areas-of-Focus possible as in: As, healthy, toxic, props, provisions

While red is used for mind meaning healthy vs. orange for a concerning/toxic 'mind'

You might be relieved to know that I too did pause in regards to using green for water . . . however, was delighted to be able to stick to my benign GTD guns when realizing/remembering [so not GTD] that some of the most pristinely beautiful fresh-&-salt waters in the world appear green :)

Thank you very much . . . most appreciated

Last edited:

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
TesTeq,

Yes . . . GTD good of you to notice, thank you very much

At the GTD risk of your regretting for asking:

Green because water is subjectively deemed herein as 1/5 of the particular Areas-of-Focus possible as in: As, healthy, toxic, props, provisions

While red is used for mind meaning healthy vs. orange for a concerning/toxic 'mind'

You might be relieved to know that I too did pause in regards to using green for water . . . however, was delighted to be able to stick to my benign GTD guns when realizing/remembering [so not GTD] that some of the most pristinely beautiful fresh-&-salt waters in the world appear green :)

Thank you very much . . . most appreciated
Totally off-topic, but this reminds me about how people often use the phrase "The grass is greener on the other side".

I, however, argue that it's "blue-er"!

Why? Well, I believe that the expression suggests that "greener" means that it has a darker shade of green, and in order to achieve this, you will have to add more blue!

gtdstudente

Registered
Totally off-topic, but this reminds me about how people often use the phrase "The grass is greener on the other side".

I, however, argue that it's "blue-er"!

Why? Well, I believe that the expression suggests that "greener" means that it has a darker shade of green, and in order to achieve this, you will have to add more blue!
@TesTeq and @René Lie,

Just to kind of finishing the thought while hopefully demonstrating some consistency for what ever it might be worth within and outside a GTD purview:

While water is understood and expressed as a provision, somewhat likewise, grass could be understood and expressed as a prop and is objectively supported as Kentucky bluegrass ?