CRM Software

D

djbokchoy

We are a small coaching company, looking for a good customer relationship management piece of software / database.

Looking for something easy to use, possibly web based to allow access for remote staff.

Looking for something easy to implement, with features like:
sms to contacts
a notes field on all contacts so you know when you last spoke to them
trails/activities which can be set against a contact for automated workflow

any ideas?

mydifferentfeet

Registered
Salesforce.com

I've been using salesforce.com for over 8 years. They are tremendous support and and very consistent development cycle that adds features twice a year. I have no complaints about them.

MarinaMartin

Registered
SalesForce.com or 37 Signals

Salesforce.com is certainly a CRM powerhouse. (I have it open in three different tabs in Firefox as I type this.) I typically set companies that I'm consulting for up on it, because their documentation is second-to-none and I've had very good experiences with their support.

However, due to its size, Salesforce is not as flexible as it could be. The more I use it, the more annoyed I become at little things that it should be able to do, but cannot. For $145 per user per month, this is sometimes hard to justify.

I've heard nothing but wonderful things about the product line available from 37 Signals, namely Highrise (for contact management) and Basecamp (for collaboration). The interface is very intuitive, and they respond to user requests quickly.

Both have 30-day free trials, so I would suggest signing up and making an earnest effort to pretend like you're actually using the program and see what flaws you can (and cannot) deal with.

In my experience, importing existing accounts into SalesForce.com is a fairly easy and friendly process, so if you start with something else, make sure you can export all of your data, and then you can always switch if necessary.

Marina

D

djbokchoy

Thanks

thanks for your suggestions guys.
i drilled down deep and searched in google for GTD CRM, found one called Prophet version 4.

It is installed locally, has some limitation with multiple users, but is great for a single operator. Works within outlook and maximises use of 1 core contact system.

http://www.avidian.com/prophet-feature-demonstrations.aspx

Seems to have all i need.

jp

James Hall

Registered
We are a small coaching company, looking for a good customer relationship management piece of software / database.

Looking for something easy to use, possibly web based to allow access for remote staff.

Looking for something easy to implement, with features like:
sms to contacts
a notes field on all contacts so you know when you last spoke to them
trails/activities which can be set against a contact for automated workflow

any ideas?
Go to the GetVoIP website: https://getvoip.com they provide comparison between different softwares alongwith real time user reviews. You can select the software according to your businees needs.

Duncan White

Registered
Go to the GetVoIP website: https://getvoip.com they provide comparison between different softwares alongwith real time user reviews. You can select the software according to your businees needs.

Aside from VOIP needs, I have been finding that a flexible, reliable CRM is developed and maintained by a team in St. Louis, Missouri,
independent of Venture Capitalists. Look up LessAnnoyingCRM. https://lessannoyingcrm.com Best of all, they have an excellent team of
FREE coaches who know the CRM extensively for all kinds of purposes. Helpful daily. Cost? USD10./month. flat rate forever, no more.
Our choice for a starter CRM.

Duncan White

Registered
Replying to: Why use a certain CRM? Answer: it depends on one's needs. Database and massive record-keeping or a sales funnel, or something else? I am finding that (as a starter CRM) that that LACRM, above, is flexible, of a low reasonable price, reliable, and comes with free coaching support by friendly intelligent staff who know the CRM extremely well. In essence, it allows us to adjust the design to suit our needs. Suggest talking to them yourself, for a more detailed response. I've found all staff are equally professional, bright.