• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Customizing Outlook Web Access?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dirk.Rombauts
  • Start date Start date
D

Dirk.Rombauts

Guest
Hello,

I've been using the GTD plugin off and on for the last 6 months or so - currently I'm using it again, after I discovered by accident that the 2.1 version of the addin allows Word as editor for emails.

However, I also use Outlook Web Access (2003), at least as often as Outlook. Since the GTD plugin works only with Outlook, I can't enjoy the "open related email" functions with Tasks.

Does anybody know if it is at all possible to customize the fields that appear on forms in OWA? I know it is possible in Outlook, but what's the deal in OWA?

Thanks,
Dirk
 
Customizing Outlook Web Access

OWA is a server-side product. All the forms and commands are processed on the web server that you log into. In older versions of OWA, like with Exchange 5.5, I had some luck making custom pages. I've been using OWA with Exchange 2003 for a year and haven't been able to do it. The design of the pages and information they require is a lot more advanced at this point. I would imagine someone out there has the experience and the knowledge to customize the pages, but it's not designed to be done by the average end user.

Aubrey
 
Top