David Allen and Luca Gambetti on Project Management

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
David Allen recently spoke with Luca Gambetti, whose company E-quality Italia is the certified partner for GTD in Italy. Their discussion centered around traditional and modern approaches to project management. Before becoming a GTD Master Trainer, Luca worked extensively as a project manager. He has a background in Agile, Scrum, Lean, Kanban and others. His key piece of advice about projects? Keep track of your achievements, and take time to savor them. Luca confidently says that with GTD, it is possible to live a more relaxed, focused life.

https://gtdconnect.com/multimedia/audio.php?titleid=815&trackid=1441

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
This was a wonderful interview! As a person who manages multiple projects with a research team, this was very helpful. Thanks!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Yes, I really enjoyed it too. I especially liked what Luca said about the importance of applying GTD/Natural Planning Model to any project that has a knowledge product as an outcome.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
Yes, I really enjoyed it too. I especially liked what Luca said about the importance of applying GTD/Natural Planning Model to any project that has a knowledge product as an outcome.
Me too! It certainly struck into my world! I would like to see the development of a white paper on integration of SCRUM and GTD. Sprints, timeboxing, etc. how does one time box within a sprint and be within best GTD practices? I am willing to provide my insights and outline such a paper if people would be interested.