David Allen on an Easy Hard Rule

The last one I have is 7/05/2024, both video and audio
@mcogilvie In your podcast app? I use Overcast and the last episode was from March. I've deleted GTD Connect podcast and tried to resubscribe it but Overcast can't find it.

EDIT: Solved. I've copied the GTD Connect podcast URL to Overcast and managed to download all missing podcasts including the last one dated 2024-06-17.

It is strange that GTD Podcast is not findable in podcast catalogues. @John Forrister

Last edited:
EDIT: Solved. I've copied the GTD Connect podcast URL to Overcast and managed to download all missing podcasts including the last one dated 2024-06-17.

It is strange that GTD Podcast is not findable in podcast catalogues. @John Forrister
As I understand it, Apple changed their authentication in the last couple of months. The URL you copied is unique to you. Each GTD Connect member has their own URL now.

When you say the podcast is not findable, do you mean the public podcast or the GTD Connect podcast? When I search, I find the public one but not the GTD Connect one.

When you say the podcast is not findable, do you mean the public podcast or the GTD Connect podcast? When I search, I find the public one but not the GTD Connect one.
@John Forrister Public "Getting Things Done" podcast is visible in the Overcast catalog after entering "GTD" in the search field. "GTD|Connect Members…" podcast is not visible. Subscribing it by the unique link works.

I deleted the podcast from Overcast and resubscribed again by this unique link because in March the feed stopped updating. Now all "backlog" episodes are visible and downloadable. I wonder if Overcast will download new episodes automatically as before.

My experience with Podcast Addict was:

* new entries for all episodes were created, and I can download and play those.

* The old entries remained in the player but would not download as they no longer point to a valid source.

* The new entries are all marked as "not listened to".

* The old entries retain the correct "listened to" setting.

This is not the first podcast this sort of thing has happened with. It seems to happen when podcasts change something major about their listing. My guess is that the Podcast Addict developers have decided to play safe and be strict about not assuming multiple entries point to the same episode.

Either way, I am slowly chipping away at marking new entries listened to and deleting old entries.