David Allen's Desk and Workspace

That was great. I really enjoy seeing others' workspaces and personal organization systems to give me inspiration to optimize mine, The one area I always struggle with is my briefcase. Trying to strike the balance of having just what I need but not too much to keep it slim and manageable. I still have work to do there!

I think we should start a trend of GTDers giving tours of their workspaces. So instructive and satisfying to see.

I must say, these are the kinds of things and videos I love the most! It's actual, physical, visible, concrete tactics/tips to learn with/from by the example given. Learning by example is sometimes the most effective technique.

Personally, I always like seeing how David's office has evolved over the years. There are always lots of lessons to take away and things to re-consider. Comparing this walkthrough vs the one David did back in 2018, I see David has streamlined things even more.

One of the biggest takeaways after my first viewing was that there is indeed a difference between being organized and being neat. They're independent of each other. I want to say this was mentioned in David's book too. However, I think it always lends credibility to the notion when you see the guy who is world renowned for being the most productive and organized, show that he doesn't keep everything perfectly neat and tidy ... but is indeed organized.

The genuine authenticity is refreshing, especially compared to a lot of "desk setup" and alike videos you see online where they are all perfect so much so that they are disenfranchising (i.e. the social media effect).

Great video, would love to see more of these kinds of videos (perhaps a walkthrough of David's digital office AKA how we organizes things on his MacBook).