• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

David Allen's System

gator;60170 said:
Does anyone know what type, size, binder / notebook DA uses for his paper system??

He doesn't use a paper system anymore. I think he is now using a Palm Treo. Years ago, he used the Time Design planner.
 
Lotus Notes Now

I believe they use Lotus Notes now.

I was at the RoadMap seminar a couple years ago and he gave a glimpse of his system which was in the Palm Desktop at the time. I was amazed, and I mean utterly amazed, at how simple it seemed. But it was complete!

They also have a mock up of their suggested paper planner in a 3-ring binder. I had the same reaction. Really, really simple.

Maybe they're onto something?
 
David went from a Time Design paper system to the Palm Desktop in conjunction with the Treo 700p, which I believe he still uses for his personal system. For groupware, the David Allen Company uses Lotus Notes.
 
David and palm desktop

Any idea how David sets up palm for GTD. I have recently gone back to palm after having used it years ago. I find for calendar and contacts it works best. I have committed to going vanilla this time instead of getting a bunch of programs that are supposed to make you more productive. I use a mac so i wanted to set up with Missing Sync for ICal and address book but using palm desktop is probably the most vanilla you can go.

For task and contexts i find that paper works the best! I am in the process of setting up a simple 3-ring binder with tabs for simple contexts @computer, @work, @home, ......I have been tinkering for some time so we will see how it goes as i prepare to go back as a teacher for another school year!

Thanks,

MTF
 
If you check around, there is a white paper or article somewhere on the site that describes David's setup on his palm. It's a pdf you can download.
 
ext555;60256 said:
yeah, you can view it if you join GTD connect : )

You can download that pdf for free. You have to `buy' it for $0 so it seems a bit complicated but it eventually just downloads.

Michael
 
Top