David's up close about staying present

Mardo

Registered
Just read the latest up close and I love this about the purpose of GTD:
Staying present to deal with what's in front of you
Dealing with what"s in front of you so you can stay present.

I had one of those aha moments last month when I realized that my real problem was that I was almost never present in the moment. I was way too busy thinking but not doing the next 46 things that needed or didn't need doing.
I gave myself a 3 day spa weekend with a purpose. I did aerobics and strengh, but I also did at least a half hour of meditation each day, Chi Gong outside,restorative yoga, as well as a massage and facial. In each case my purpose was to stay in the moment. It helped because it cost so much money, I damm well better stay in the moment! It was also easier because I did not deal with the outside world and the weather was absolutely incredible.

Now I have been back for two weeks and I am much better and more focused because of that break.I also got a ton of work out. I intend to do a couple more less expensive breaks over the summer. I remember when I was a student I was able to stay present to study for hours. Of course the rest of my life was a lot less complicated then, but that's no excuse because more gets done when you actually focus on what you are doing now and make sure you do it right, even its like picking up the dry cleaning within a month after its done or returning the library book before the overdue notic

That's why David's reasons for gtd really resonated with me today. I am making a label of the reasons and sticking it on the inside of my Circa GTD book so I will be constantly reminded.

DavidAllen

GTD Connect
Glad to hear your response...

Mardo, thanks for your feedback on the slide. It was one of those spur-of-the-moment aha's, which happens to be how much of the GTD encyclopedia of perspectives and principles came to me. And I never really know how and in what way it may be "true" or relevant, for use by anyone. In the moment I'm aware of the resonance - it's almost a poetic experience internally - but ...what can anyone do with this...??? So I appreciate your reflections. Helps me adjust how we could leverage it for benefit...

David