• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Dedicated GTD applications on Windows

bcmyers2112 said:
TesTeq:
Ultimately, I found that none of the solutions I tried were worth a tinker's damn until I focused on improving my GTD habits.

Well put, bcmeyers2112. This bit always gets lost in the tool selection de jour discussions.

My tools? Paper, supported by other e-tools that support calendaring (Google), task list management (Paper and MLO), and reference management (file cabinet, and Evernote). I use paper because the act of writing forces me to be deliberate and thoughtful. At work, my primary tools are Paper, Outlook, OneNote, and MLO.

This setup really hasn't changed for years, and when I follow all the work processing steps of Collect. Process, Organize, REVIEW, then DO the system works and I get things done. Again, refer to the quote above. Its not the tools, - it is the thoughtful application of all the processing steps.

More on the REVIEW step. bcmeyers2112, among other voices in this thread, is correct in stating that the Review is an important part of the system. Note that NONE of the tools listed in this thread will make a good review possible. The only factors needed are the combination of time, a good space to work and think, your lists, and your noggin'.
 
Best one I have tried (and the one I have stayed with) is My Life Organized. Awesome Windows app and great apps on iOS and Android too.
Learning curve can be a bit steep because it is a swiss knife that can be shaped in so many ways. But that's why I stayed with it. I never bumped into the wall (read: never ran out of flexibility).
 
Hi all,

I have been using IQTell for the past two years. It is web based and also has apps for android and IOS. The company responds quickly to customer needs and help them customize. It is very user friendly. Give it a try here http://iqtell.com?eu=nbL4

I used IQTell for a year and was really happy with it. Good evernote and email intergration, fast response from staff and really great android app! Left it for Premium Evernote though cause i went through an-all-in-one-place-era..
 
Top