• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Desperately Seeking Ring Binder

I run a sports club and am looking for something to hold the following:
  • Attendance register.
  • New member forms.
  • Information sheets.
  • Pad/paper for general note-taking.
  • Fliers.
  • Cash collected (from that day + float)
Years ago, I had a rugged ring binder. I think it was mostly plastic with rubber along the long edges and down the spine. It was really durable and stood up to a lot of use and abuse. Inside, I used plastic pockets for all my paperwork and a fabric pencil case that clipped into the rings to hold the cash. I bought the ring binder at Staples in the UK which has since closed its brick and mortar stores.

I don't know what madness caused me to throw it out, but it is long gone and I have need for something similar.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a ring binder like that any more. I have tried searching:
  • rubber ring binder
  • tough ring binder
  • heavy duty ring binder
  • string ring binder
I could just go with any cheap ring binder and it would probably last a few months, but I would rather buy something long-lasting if I can.

Do you know of any products that might work for me? I am willing to consider products other than a ring binder too.
 
I run a sports club and am looking for something to hold the following:
  • Attendance register.
  • New member forms.
  • Information sheets.
  • Pad/paper for general note-taking.
  • Fliers.
  • Cash collected (from that day + float)
Years ago, I had a rugged ring binder. I think it was mostly plastic with rubber along the long edges and down the spine. It was really durable and stood up to a lot of use and abuse. Inside, I used plastic pockets for all my paperwork and a fabric pencil case that clipped into the rings to hold the cash. I bought the ring binder at Staples in the UK which has since closed its brick and mortar stores.

I don't know what madness caused me to throw it out, but it is long gone and I have need for something similar.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a ring binder like that any more. I have tried searching:
  • rubber ring binder
  • tough ring binder
  • heavy duty ring binder
  • string ring binder
I could just go with any cheap ring binder and it would probably last a few months, but I would rather buy something long-lasting if I can.

Do you know of any products that might work for me? I am willing to consider products other than a ring binder too.
That binder made by Staples is called Better Binder.
 
Top