Different Notebook for Desk and in the Field

gator

Registered
Hi,
I was curious if anyone had a good system for taking notes using 2 different notebooks when at Home (office) and in the field when meeting with a prospect on a sales call. My issue is that I write big and when I'm at my desk I feel cramped writing in my JR sized Levenger Circa notebook, so I opt for a legal pad, but when I'm meeting with a client/prospect at his office, Starbucks etc. , I feel that the smaller notebook works better. I realize I need one trusted system and I do use Omnifocus on my Mac,Iphone and Ipad for my lists and projects, but for notetaking it's paper. Any ideas??
Thanks

TesTeq

Registered
Tear-out pages!

gator;109340 said:
I was curious if anyone had a good system for taking notes using 2 different notebooks when at Home (office) and in the field when meeting with a prospect on a sales call.

Use any number of notebooks but... with tear-out pages that you throw into your inbox.

Foxman

Registered
I usually have a number of notebooks on the go and forever writing on scraps of paper. When I've filled a notebook and move into a new I might need to reference some of the contents. I use Evernote in this case, and take a photo of the page and tag it as 'handwritten', 'to process', etc it works really well and great as a back up tool

mcogilvie

Registered
gator;109340 said:
Hi,
I was curious if anyone had a good system for taking notes using 2 different notebooks when at Home (office) and in the field when meeting with a prospect on a sales call. My issue is that I write big and when I'm at my desk I feel cramped writing in my JR sized Levenger Circa notebook, so I opt for a legal pad, but when I'm meeting with a client/prospect at his office, Starbucks etc. , I feel that the smaller notebook works better. I realize I need one trusted system and I do use Omnifocus on my Mac,Iphone and Ipad for my lists and projects, but for notetaking it's paper. Any ideas??
Thanks

I use both full-size and junior Circa notebooks; the full-size notebook will also hold junior pages.

RuthMcT

Registered
I have used, and quit a few of my colleagues still do, an A4 notebook or spirally bound pad for everything, meetings and appointments included. It looks more professional than just a pad, and avoids the problem with smaller sheets of paper. I stopped because I prefer to have an A5 notebook that will fit in my handbag, but it's fine if you have a briefcase.

R.

Oogiem

Registered
gator;109340 said:
I realize I need one trusted system and I do use Omnifocus on my Mac,Iphone and Ipad for my lists and projects, but for notetaking it's paper. Any ideas??

I use both tiny spiral 3x5 notebooks and letter size paper for note taking. I'm using Levenger 3 ring binder paper when I use the large size. I use the storyboard paper, the annotation ruled and a kind they no longer make, had 1 big drawing box with a few lines for notes on the bottom.

Then after each note session I put the pages into my inbox for processing. Some go into paper project support folders, some go into the trash, some are typed in to my DEVONThink database. Actions form those notes get entered into Omnifocus.