• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Digital Recorders?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Is anyone using a digital recorder for capture? Which one do you have, do you like it, etc?

Under which circumstances do you find it useful and where do you find it awkward?

thanks!
 
pr,

I'm using a mp3 player - iriver.

It also serves as a digital recorder.

I use it while driving and walking.

Then, when I get into the office, I listen to the files I recorded. I use headphones when I do it at work, so it's never awkward.
 
I have a Sony ICD-35. I mostly use it in the car so I can capture ideas while driving. It's very easy to use one handed.

I've been going back and forth between using it for capturing ideas at work instead of using my planner. My other idea is to use 3x5 cards and then rewrite my ideas. I'd then take the audio notes and enter them into my planner once I get home. (I use 2 planners, one for teaching and a personal one at home) This way, I only have to carry one of them.
 
Top