• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Does anyone have the Samsung SCH-i730

Hi,

I have been keeping an eye on getting a PDA/Phone for the last year now, but wasn't ready to move until I saw something that looked right. I am more tied into Pocket PC than Palm and Verizon is my provider.

To date I used a Gomadic cable link to tie my cell phone to my PDA, but that of course requires carrying three things around even I just want to step out to a coffee shop or bookstore and stay connected.

I was considering very seriously moving to the Palm Treo 650 but as I said I just prefer Pocket PC.

But now the Samsung SCH-i730 has come out and this looks really tempting. I have noted one or two downsides, but on balance it looks just right for me.

Does anyone have one of these yet and if so, what do you think.

Thanks

Paul
 
Okay. Update. I have one now :)

In fact I have two right now because of Verizon's mistake compounding mistake. But I need to figure how to returrn one of them.

Activation was not too difficult. Have installed WebIs Mail, Pocket Informant and a couple of other apps so far. Synched up to Outlook and everything has transferred nicely.

Have already been able to download emails and browse the web a little bit using Verizon's EVDO network. It is pretty fast and really nice to be able to just surf the web and/or get my emails while traveling around with the minimum of fuss.

So far it seems to be working as I had anticipated and hoped. Will try and post a more thorough review in a week or two.

Paul
 
another update Paul?

Paul

How's it going with the phone? I am at the point of returning to paper but still thinking through the Treo650. Your comments and a quick browse of the 'Net makes me think I should also consider the Samsung.

Two points to note though, the phone has been around since late last year and there seems little on it on the 'Net. Secondly, I don't think Samsung offer them in Australia!!

Bill, Perth
 
Top