• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Does anyone know if a Droid (I have a HTC Hero) phone can sync up with Outlook 2007?

I have a Motorola Droid and haven't had much luck. There is a program called Touchdown (http://www.nitrodesk.com/TouchDown.aspx) that will sync your Exchange server email, tasks, and calendar (no notes though). I did the trial but never bought the software because A) I wasn't completely happy with it's ability to sort and keep my preferred display options for tasks, and B) I keep hoping that someone will come up with a decent synchronization between Outlook tasks and Remember the Milk (which has an awesome application for tasks on the Droid).
 
Oh, I should also say that the native Mail program on my Droid does an OK job with synchronizing email and contacts with our company Exchange server. What I really want is tasks, and that is where I am still struggling.
 
tkelsey;79568 said:
Does anyone know if a Droid (I have a HTC Hero) phone can sync up with Outlook 2007?

What I do is use my google accounts for my "real" account as it were, then sync it to everything else. So I sync it to Outlook on my work PC with the outlook sync tool, to my android phone, to evolution on my linux pc at home. If I add an appointment on my phone it turns up on outlook and the reverse too.

I also import my work email through gmail as well, though your company may not allow you to do that.
 
Top