• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Domain name and GTD trademark

Hi all,

I'm planning to put a blog up with productivity/GTD articles and tutorials geared towards more technical people (aka "geeks"). The domain name is gtdforgeeks.com. It just came to my mind that "gtd" is trademark and so I thought I'd ask here if it's OK to use it as part of the domain name in the case of a blog?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo.
 
Hello Marcelo,

Yes, there are some legal guidelines around using the GTD® name. Can you please email "general@davidco.com" and they can hook you up with the right team at DAC to share those guidelines with you.

Thanks so much for reaching out and asking about this. We appreciate that.

Kelly
 
Hi Marcelo,

I tracked this down, and it looks like it's in the queue of our legal team. It can take some time to receive a response, due to the enormous volume of inquiries they receive like this.

I've asked the person who processes our general@ inbox to let folks know when their message is received, so you are not left wondering. Sorry about that!
 
Top