Door mounted intray

Murray

Registered
I think I need some kind of light weight vertical intray that can stick onto the outside of my bedroom/office door so my flatmate (brother) can leave things in it for me when I'm away and the door is closed. I would empty it when I get home into the intray in my bedroom. We're in a small apartment so there's not a lot of space for a regular horizontal tray in the common area.

Does anyone use anything like this or otherwise able to recommend a product? I've tried a few different serach terms and don't seem to be getting what I'm looking for.

Murray

Registered
The search term "wall file landscape plastic" seems to have yielded some more promising results.

For example this one which looks okay, simple, clean, easy to get items in and out of:

...though it is designed to be mounted with screws, perhaps it could be done with stick-on pads nevertheless. It's also currently unavailable.

mcogilvie

Registered
This sort of wall file is a standard office item. Because our department mailroom is locked after hours, a staff member made something functionally similar for my office door from file folders and tape one semester. This kept students from shoving assignments under my office door, which led to problems.

Sarahsuccess

Registered
I think I need some kind of light weight vertical intray that can stick onto the outside of my bedroom/office door so my flatmate (brother) can leave things in it for me when I'm away and the door is closed. I would empty it when I get home into the intray in my bedroom. We're in a small apartment so there's not a lot of space for a regular horizontal tray in the common area.

Does anyone use anything like this or otherwise able to recommend a product? I've tried a few different serach terms and don't seem to be getting what I'm looking for.

What about something like these? They do not need screws. I used the search terms “over the door hanging file holder, organizer”

I use a similar thing meant to be a shoe bag with pockets wide enough to hold two shoes, so the pockets are wider than on a standard shoe bag.

Sarah

Last edited:

Murray

Registered
Thanks Sarah, yes that's a great alternative to screwing something into the door.

A bit much for my specific purpose as I only want a single intray in the outside of my door. However I may think of a way to make use of this on the inside of my door for extra storage that's easily accessible.

Murray

Registered
I ended up ordering this one because it looks fine and it's available to collect from a local store, so no delivery fees plus my amazon account is not working right now anyway.