• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

E-mail tickler in outlook

I have been lurking for a while, and have just discovered a cool outlook tip. Apologies if you knew this already but I just had to share...

Maintaining a tickler for e-mail has always been a struggle for me, but it turns out outlook makes it easy. Just forward the message to yourself, then click on options and check the 'Don't deliver until' check box. You can set the message to be delivered whenever you like (date and time). Just send the message and it sits in your Outbox until the desired time, then gets delivered back to Inbox for processing. I'm even thinking that I might scan hard copy stuff then e-mail it to myself like this...

Steven
 
If it's an actual message I received, I just click on the flag at the top, then select the date and time I want the reminder to pop up. You can open the message from the pop up.

Carolyn
 
Top