• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Encouraging Long-Term Org of HardDrive Contents

  • Thread starter Thread starter PamG
  • Start date Start date
P

PamG

Guest
Hi Folks,

Ever run across a piece of software so helpful that ya just have to share?

Among the items on my someday/maybe list was "revamp hard drive for better overall organization". Once accomplished, I slowly realized that I was repeatedly shooting myself in the foot, courtesy of Win's blasted click-happiness, in terms of maneuvering to a desired folder. Determined, I went on the prowl and discovered a $20 goodie, called FileEx:
http://www.cottonwoodsw.com/ Fully featured trial available.

The screenshots you'll see at the site suggests complexity, but I promise you, once installed, it's profoundly intuitive, easy, and yes, fun to use. It's proven to be THE "killer app" in terms of MAINTAINING my e-org scheme. Hence, this FYI post.
 
Top