Enjoyed the Randy Harward conversation

sdhill

Registered
I enjoyed the latest In Conversation audio with Randy Harward very much. The insights he shared about his role and Patagonia's evolution were fascinating. I especially liked the way he described the sound of a good factory - a very vivid image he created there for me. Reminds me that sometimes good old intuition, gut feel is the best yardstick for some decision making. "Does it sound like an efficient, well run factory?" If so then it probably is. "Does it feel like the right thing to do?" If so then it probably is.

jodha

Registered
GTD is externalized personal system (tqm) - 5C - 5S

As a longtime worksimplifier I enjoyed the interview with Randy.

I call GTD in our company worksimplification for the knowledge worker.

There are a lot of mutual fundamentals between GTD and Kaizen, worksimplification.

In our company the 5S-tool is well known. 5S is a tool from the kaizen filosofy to get your workplace in a better shape.

I have renamed the 5 fases from GTD so they have an analogy with the continiuos improvement tools.

We call it 5C for the knowledge worker. A tool to get the workspace for a knowledge worker in a better shape.

Corral, Clarify, Categorize, Check, Complete.

Et en francais c'est la meme chose.

Collecter, Clarifier, Categorizer, Checker, completer.

Have to find the words in dutch though.

When David called GTD a personal TQM it resonnated very much.

Johan

harward

Registered
Sound of a system

Thanks Simon, upon hearing my comment from the recording later I was surprised at what I said, but it's so true. I really can hear a good system - a factory environment anyway.

Randy