• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Entering Outlook Tasks

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kirk
  • Start date Start date
K

Kirk

Guest
Before I installed the "Getting Things Done" add-on, I had a bar at the top of my task list where I could simply tab through and enter tasks. This bar was simply labled in light gray "click here to add a new task." The same bar shows up on the contact tab as well.

After I installed the GTD add-on, the "click here to add a new task' field is gone, and I cannot figure out how to get it back. It is still in the contact tab, just not in tasks.

Any ideas?
 
Here's how:

1. Right click in the Subject column or any other column.
2. Select "Customize Current View".
3. Click the "Other Settings" button.
4. Check the box marked 'Show "New Item" row'.
5. Click the "OK" button.
6. Click the "OK" button.

That should show the option you are referring to. I am not sure the GTD add-in actually did this to your Outlook. I installed the GTD add-in and never had my new task row go away, but this should bring it back for you in any event.

Eric
 
Top