• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Entourage and paper

Entourage and paper

I like Entourage because the linking feature cuts down on typing and it’s powerful for non-geeks.

The problem is I think my original idea of just using paper when I don’t want to lug my laptop around is going to be clumsy and mess up the “trusted” aspect of GTD. It seems like you have to use a Palm device.

I’ mean if you go beyond printing out @errands and @anywhere it just gets unwieldy.

If someone had comments, I’d appreciate it. Are you happy with a cheap Palm device in this situation?
 
Entourage and Pater

It does get pretty big when printed. I filtered all tasks and printed one at a time; then did the projects, and finally the calendar.

I do not have a double-sided feature on my printer so ended up with about 110 pages in a three ring note book.

I actually prefer paper over the Palm but cannot figure how to make GTD work with paper. The Palm is slick. You can change the action so easily, like a certain action now becoming a "waiting for."

With a notebook you have to write it all over or have no more than one item per page and move the pages around.
 
loocartlu said:
Are you happy with a cheap Palm device in this situation?
Well, I have been satisfied with a cheap Palm for years. All by itself, it contains all the GTD information I need.

However, syncing all the data to desktop/laptop version of the same software is great for richer, larger views of the data (especially since my cheap Palm displays only grayscale).

I do find it useful for planning purposes to supplement the Palm with various paper calendars, like a large 3-month wall calendar to help keep my eye on longer-term project deadlines.

And of course I might be happier with a more expensive Palm device. ;-)
 
Top