Error 3259 when downloading podcasts

DavidRParker

Registered
Since just before Christmas I've been unable to download any podcasts into iTunes. I get an "Error = -3259".

Anyone any ideas what's going wrong and how I fix it?

Dave

Zenistar

Registered
My wife had the same error before Christmas when she upgraded to the latest version of iTunes on her Windows machine, from research on the web it turns out to be a pretty common problem, the only issue is that the error code is pretty generic and relates to network connectivity.

Just a couple of things that may cause it - firewall settings, anti spyware programs, virus checkers, I know of one PC user that reported that the Folding@home application caused it for him as it would interrupt large downloads.

Check http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306098 and http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93396.

Hope this helps.

DavidRParker

Registered
Thanks

Thanks for your quick response to my problem.

I tried the suggested fix on the iTunes site to no avail before I googled it and found that someone had suddenly experienced the problem when they moved to Internet Explorer 7 as I had just before Christmas (I didn't suss the connection!)

I've now gone back to Internet Explorer 6 and everything seems to be OK.

Dave

Zenistar

Registered
I'm glad you got it sorted out, I know how frustrated my wife was when she could not download podcasts or access the iTunes store because of the same issue.

sdhill

Registered
I have never been able to download the Connect podcasts since I joined last August and have consistently received the same error (although I can download heaps of other podcasts). I too have trawled the web and uncovered various remedies, none of which worked for me. I had not read about IE7 being a problem though. While it sounds like it might work it does seem ludicrous that I would need to downgrade something which has been around for a while now and you would think is stable and should not be causing problems.

Simon

dschaffner

Registered
DavidRParker;55151 said:
I've now gone back to Internet Explorer 6 and everything seems to be OK.

Dave, after experiencing several issues with IE 7, I've migrated to FireFox... and have not looked back! You might want to check it out.

- Don

TesTeq

Registered
Use Opera browser.

I use IE for manual Windows updates only. For everything else I use Opera web browser.

N

nastryker

Podcast Error

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that we are aware of this error. Unfortunately it seems very intermittent. I'm glad the IE7 solution is working for so many of you. I research this whenever it comes up, hoping some new information will pop up, explaining why this is happening.

Our podcast conforms to Apple's standards, as well as the standard for RSS feeds in general.

sdhill

Registered
Firefox is king!

Well I took the plunge while on leave and installed Firefox, at the same time uninstalling Internet Explorer 7. No immediate change to my problem but then I went away for a week with family. Today I unsubscribed to GTD Connect in iTunes and then re-subscribed. Bingo! For the first time in my six months of GTD Connect membership I actually have all the available audio sitting waiting for me in iTunes automatically! No more manually downloading and then importing so as to listen on my iPod.

Very happy :D

Simon

DavidRParker

Registered
Problem back again!

The 3259 error when downloading podcasts has come back again after moving to a Windows Vista PC. This time I can't remove Windows Internet Explorer 7 (which was how I got round it with XP) as this is an instrinsic part of Vista.

Has anyone else encountered this and is there any way of resolving it?

Dave

tiomikel

Registered
Months of Podcast subscription problems

I've had months of not being able to subscribe successfully through ITunes. I have a Mac and use Firefox. So, I shouldn't be encountering the previously mentioned IE problems. I follow all the directions for Subscribing as well at the Alternate Method.

What happens is the GTD Connect address shows up in ITunes but no materials show up.

In the past, when this did work on my wife's laptop, I listened to podcasts far more than visiting the forums and connect site. So, listening to podcasts while I'm on the run used to be the primary value of this membership. I'm ready to quit.

Michael

theoconbrio

Registered
In my case, the problem is my firewall (Symantec, which is required by my employer). Whitelisting the IP address given above does not help, although turning off the firewall entirely for the length of the download DOES work.

DavidRParker

Registered
Whitelisting www.davidco.com and 67.43.171.229 in my firewall didn't help so I've gon eback to downloading podcasts on a separate Windows XP system without IE which worked before.

I don't think it's a problem with the podcasts or GTD Connect. I think it's a problem with iTunes and the error reported is a general error code applied to several unrelated problems.

Good luck!

Dave

N

nastryker

theoconbrio;61625 said:
Whitelisting the IP address given above does not help, although turning off the firewall entirely for the length of the download DOES work.

Thanks for the additional info! I'll be sure to mention this to users going forward.

I've also just received a report of the same problem resulting in error code -50. Apple recommends the same solution for this error code.

nathan

J

jackiwhitford

I still cannot download two of the 11/08 podcasts

I have every single GTD podcast downloaded from the beginning. However, since the last two weeks in November, I have not been able to download an 11/14 and an 11/25 podcast. I have unsubscribed to the podcast, deleted the first download buttons several times. This worked in the past but is not working now.

I have Internet Explorer 7 because that is what came with my Dell desktop. The podcasts downloaded fine before last month, so I would like to know what GTD is going to do about fixing this.

As subscribers, we should not have to change anything (including getting new software downloads) because we cannot download one company's podcasts off ITUNES. I can download everything else from ITUNES, including other people's podcasts just fine.

I understand GTD is aware of the problem. I would like to hear what the short term and long term fix is going to be.

Thanks

jackiwhitford@aol.com

apinaud

Registered
Change your password on GTD Connect. Do not ask me why it works, but I was having the same issue, I went change the password and they begin downloading.

best,

dschaffner

Registered
apinaud;62750 said:
Change your password on GTD Connect. Do not ask me why it works, but I was having the same issue, I went change the password and they begin downloading.

I've noticed the same problem, and what seems to fix for me is not even changing the password, but simply re-entering the password in itunes. Very strange.

- Don

J

jackiwhitford

ITUNES GTD Podcast downloads need to be fixed

This is no longer an intermittent error. This is repeatable and needs to be fixed. It took me almost a dozen attempts - unsubscibing and subscribing again to get the November and December podcasts downloaded.

I am still trying to download these podcasts:

Staying in the Driver's Seat No Matter What 11/14/08
GTD I Read the Book Now What? 11/25/08
In Conversation with Frank Sopper 1/14/09

These GTD Podcasts downloaded after several tries:

In Conversation with Dave Logan 11/6/08
GTD in a Crunch with Kevin Wilde 11/25/08
Creative Questioning Episode 11 12/9/08

The main reason I have GTD Connect is for the podcasts. I am able to download all other podcasts on ITUNES with no issues.

This has got to be a frustrating turnoff to newcomers to GTD, and not a good reflection overall on an otherwise wonderful web site.

This has been going on for awhile now, and the David Allen Company should seek expertise outside the company rather than letting this problem linger.