Estimated Due Date for GTD Outlook Plug-in???

Guy Bjerke

Registered
MattZ - thanks for the information.

For everyone else's information...here's the two posts by David Allen on the old forum about the GTD Outlook Plug-in...

Yes, indeed, we've been in a joint venture with NetCentrics (Washington DC)to create an Outlook-specific add-in for GTD. They had already done a nice job on their own of creating a way to simplify the in-basket; and they hooked up with us to refine it more completely for GTD. It's in beta testing now, should be available sometime in September. Stay tuned. David Allen 8/16/02
The Outlook add-in seems pretty bullet-proof. It's been in beta testing at Goldman Sachs, and there's hardly a tougher crowd. It's really a seriously magnificently glorified macro within the Outlook development environment that reconfigures the Task view per GTD, and adds a button bar above the in-basket to manipulate your e-mails elegantly. It's also going to grab any Project in the Project category in your Tasks for a drop-down which you can use to connect with any new task or email. It'll then give you an extra Project View that'll show'em to you that way. Dean Hering, the partner at NetCentrics, is as bright and savvy a GTD convert and Outlook expert as they come. David Allen 8/17/02

Best regards,
Guy Bjerke

JERE

Registered
GTD, PP & $

So I wonder & rambleon... :p , what will the cost of the plug-in be?
I've already spent my $107 for overnight from Franklin Covey & have found all of my workarounds so that my issues & Syncs are doing well.
I wonder if the two will be compatable for in whole or in part!? :roll: Probably asking for real trouble. :? I really do appreciate the Mission & Compass modules & the Quick Prioritize - but :oops: I just may have to grow up here & trust the process David Allen states we need to have in our systems and maybe there will be a special handling of FOCUS AREAS where the mission & other value based 50000 ft views are kept. :?:

Guy Bjerke

Registered
OK. It's time for David Allen to prove he occasionally reads this board. What's the scoop on the GTD Outlook plug-in? Is MattZ correct? Is there an October timeline? Any clarificaton on pricing? Is it going to be bundled with a "new" Outlook manual? Is the Next Action for this project on your list or someones' at NetCentric? We can take it - let us know...

pstmstr

Registered
Outlook plug-in

I was also at the Dallas Seminar and David mentioned the plug in would most likely be out in October. He also clarified that by stating the obvious, with software development and beta testing, release dates are estimates. I think it will be a great product and don't mind waiting a little while longer for a bug free version.

JERE

Registered
Re: GTD, PP & $

:x :roll: :idea: :) I got rid of it [Plan Plus + headache - take two aspirin & call David in the morning]!

I use David's Microsoft guide & this PROJECTS SETUP http://home.attbi.com/~whkratz/ to clean up & am, with provisional, anticipatory, tolerance I await until Davidco 'says' their plug-in is ready & that, is based upon the credibility he [David] has established thusfar!

JERE said:
So I wonder & rambleon... :p , what will the cost of the plug-in be?
I've already spent my $107 for overnight from Franklin Covey & have found all of my workarounds so that my issues & Syncs are doing well.
I wonder if the two will be compatable for in whole or in part!? :roll: Probably asking for real trouble. :? I really do appreciate the Mission & Compass modules & the Quick Prioritize - but :oops: I just may have to grow up here & trust the process David Allen states we need to have in our systems and maybe there will be a special handling of FOCUS AREAS where the mission & other value based 50000 ft views are kept. :?:

N

neilhedley

Wish I could get it - the download link is broken.

I hope it's functional soon; I've been excited about the add-in since they announced it was on the horizon.

--N

N

neilhedley

Okay, link is working this morning - just downloaded it, and I'm ready to go.

It's like Christmas came early, ya know? Is that a typical techno-geek response? Or am I the only one who's this excited that the plugin came out?

--N