Excellent workflow diagram from GTD Summit

sirris101

Registered
Cheers to David Co. for a very successful GTD Summit! I had a wonderful time and hope to return to more events in the future.

There's one small thing I added to my next actions list: ask about the wonderful workflow diagram that was displayed in the coach's corner at the expo. It was created by xplane.com, and I'd love to get an electronic copy to print.

Does someone from David Co. happen to have a copy they could upload for GTD Connect members?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
New GTD Workflow Diagram

Hi there,

I checked with our products team and they will be releasing the new Workflow Diagram to the DAC store in mid-May, along with a new instructional CD from David Allen to walk through it.

As with all of our products, GTD Connect members will receive a 10% discount.
They have not announced the price yet, but I'll post something when I hear any updates.

Kelly

Julie_Flagg

Registered
julieflagg,ct

Delighted that the diagram will be available - great size. I have tried to reproduce it myself since I returned from the Summit but it is not turning out nearly as well as the diagram that was at the Summit. Look forward to getting the real thing.
I am still feeling the Summit boost and feeling positive and productive. Things just seem to be falling in place from hiring a new IT person for our practice, to moving ahead with acquiring surgical robot for our hospital, to getting a new laptop. Our management team is reading Ron Kaufman's book on service- and loving it.

The economy is crazy, the weather is weird, but life is really good. It was just a treat to meet the people at the Summit each so full of energy and ideas.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hi Julie

It was wonderful having you at the Summit!

Kelly

For those of you not familiar with the extraordinary Julie Flagg, you will find her as a featured In Conversation with David Allen, in the Connect Audio library.

Attached files

GTDWorks

Registered
I've listened to Julie's CD many times and keep getting fresh insight and inspiration from it. I even shared it with my Family Physican who enjoyed it, too.

Thanks, Julie and David!

Barb

Registered
All In Conversations

I have listened to all In Conversations. I usually listen twice, back to back.

Recently I've gone back and re-listened about a year later to many. WHOLE NEW INSIGHTS! I highly recommend the practice. Today I re-listened to Kevin Wilde and picked up whole new ideas. Liz' husband, Randy Harward, the guy from Patagonia---kept me busy for 4 re-listenings lately!!!

I think there are nuggets in each of these that don't hit you all at once.

hansen-oest

Registered
kelstarrising;65362 said:
I checked with our products team and they will be releasing the new Workflow Diagram to the DAC store in mid-May, along with a new instructional CD from David Allen to walk through it.

As I couldn't make it to the GTD-Summit....could anyone please just post a (at least small) photo of this poster. XPLANE does so awesome stuff and I'm quite curious to see how it looks.

Mid-may as release date is way too long to wait for ;) . I would definitely pay (even for a just digital) piece of this. Maybe you can release a pre-version of this?

Best

Stephan

Barb

Registered
How?

Do you have one already or did you take this picture at the Summit? How big is it? Is it poster sized? (I hope smaller versions are available)

TesTeq

Registered
GTD Summit picture.

Barb;65976 said:
Do you have one already or did you take this picture at the Summit? How big is it? Is it poster sized? (I hope smaller versions are available)

I do not have one. It is a picture I've taken during the GTD Summit.

It was poster / standard flipchart size.

I am afraid that the smaller version would be unreadable.

Barb

Registered
bummer

Well, maybe I can put it in my garage. I office from home, but it's a very carefully decorated office, I'm afraid. It won't go with the decor.

Looks cool, though.

TesTeq

Registered
Office desk pad version!

Barb;65981 said:
Well, maybe I can put it in my garage. I office from home, but it's a very carefully decorated office, I'm afraid. It won't go with the decor.

Office desk pad version would be a perfect solution!

Barb

Registered
Office desk pad

Yes! That might very well work!

Incidentally, having a home office that's well decorated is a sure fire way not to let junk pile up. My office is the first thing you see when you come in the house (after the entryway). People always comment on how clean and neat it looks.

I sure feel better working in here because of that too.

Ali Gel

Registered
Any update on this issue :)

Is there update on this issue about xplane gtd workflow poster ? This thread is on my @waiting for context so I will not forget :)

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Here's what I know

It's still in production mode, from what I understand. I was just in a meeting with David the other day and heard him say he's working on the audio that will accompany it. Our staff is anxious for it too!

So a bit longer...

aligelkirmaz

Registered
weekly review result

As you can see, I will make proper reminders about this subject. What is the last status of this poster ? Can you share with us. Xplane does not answer any e-mail that I sent to them about this poster.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Fine to poke us about this!

It's still in production mode.

It will be released by DAC, in our store, not by XPlane.

Thanks,
Kelly

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Update on new workflow diagram

Latest as of a few days ago is that the audio recording that goes with the new diagram is in production. The actual diagram is at the printer.

Hope that helps!