For me it's less a question of urgency than of being conscious of what are in my buckets and ensuring hard edges between them. If I have a call to make, it goes on my calls list. If I've made the call and am waiting for a response, it goes on my waiting for list. Each day I review these and make intuitive judgements of whether or not a change of category is now called for ("Is this really still a waiting for, or should it go back on the calls list?"). People's schedules and standards for replying are too different for me to follow a set length of time to expect a reply, so rather than dismiss that intricacy I'd rather keep all of my transactions conscious during the week and close them at the first opportunity.Barry said:Just because you are waiting for something doesn't mean that the waiting for list is the best place for it. I think of that list as being just for items that are low urgency and I really can "just wait" rather than actively manage.