• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

filing paper

As I´m moving to a new house, I could rearrange my paper filing system

As far as I remember, within arm´s reach should be
- tickler file (31/12)
- general reference
- project support

How many drawers should that be?

Any hint for (non-hanging) cabinets available in Germany?
 
When I had a paper system I had a two drawer filing cabinet for the general reference (it's since been mostly replaced by PDFs on my Mac). The filing cabinet was just for the general reference. I had the tickler files in a tray on top of the filing cabinet (tickler file has now been replaced with another system on my Mac). For the project support, I have an organizer that has canvas pockets and is attached to the wall of the closet.
 
Top