• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Filing product

Hi, I am about to set up a home office : )
My question is: Can anyone recommend a filing product? Does GTD recommend hanging files in filing drawers? Some times I need to take the files out of the cabinet to bring the documents to a meeting. That sounds very difficult to do with the metal hanging feature of a hanging file.
I have been looking around a bit and all the filing cabinets/drawers are so industrial and cold looking. Any ideas for pretty looking file cabinets?

Thank you for helping me out!

Ingvill Montgomery
 
I too would love to get a recommended filing station. I am not wanting a do-it-yourself solution...I would love to just buy a turn-key solution.
 
ingvillk;64073 said:
Does GTD recommend hanging files in filing drawers? Some times I need to take the files out of the cabinet to bring the documents to a meeting. That sounds very difficult to do with the metal hanging feature of a hanging file.
I have been looking around a bit and all the filing cabinets/drawers are so industrial and cold looking. Any ideas for pretty looking file cabinets?

DA recommends NOT using hanging files... or if you do, label the folder not the hanging file, and store one folder per file.

Take look look on the Levenger site. They have some very nice looking wood cabinets.

- Don
 
Top