finding lost objects

A

Anonymous

lost idea

While the 12 Principles are basically for locating objects, I've also used them to retrieve an elusive thought or memory.

A

Anonymous

Eureka Zone

The professor's method actually works. I found particularily useful Principle Ten, about establishing a Eureka Zone.

A

Anonymous

OK.. well I've been looking for something (cell phone manual) and it just hadn't turned up .. thinking.. well, I have nothing to lose .. will check out this site.

YAY!!!
I FOUND IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I can't believe it !!!!!!!!

Took quite a few steps, but I remained calm, and I found it in about 10 minutes.

GREAT RESOURCE.

Chapters.ca does not seem to have it in stock and indicates supplier is out, but if I can locate a copy I am going to give a copy of this book to my mother!!!

THANK YOU !!!!!

A

Anonymous

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!
This method really works!!!!

I just found something else I have been looking for, (old call display unit) for several weeks. This is truly incredible !!!! Found it even quicker than the last object and I have been waiting for this to "turn up" for a while (to no avail) and by this time was almost convinced I must have given it away! Again, just thought I had nothing to lose by trying this method...

BTW, for anyone interested in this book, I finally tracked a new copy down through amazon.ca and was able to order it through a 3rd party seller.

(I have absolutely NO relationship to the author and have never even heard of such a method available. Thank you Professor Solomon! You have made my week!!!!)

A

Anonymous

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!
This method really works!!!!

I just found something else I have been looking for, (old call display unit) for several weeks. This is truly incredible !!!! Found it even quicker than the last object and I have been waiting for this to "turn up" for a while (to no avail) and by this time was almost convinced I must have given it away! Again, just thought I had nothing to lose by trying this method...

BTW, for anyone interested in this book, I finally tracked a new copy down through amazon.ca and was able to order it through a 3rd party seller.

(I have absolutely NO relationship to the author and have never even heard of such a method available. Thank you Professor Solomon! You have made my week!!!!)

A

Anonymous

common sense

The experience described in the last post is typical. It's not magic--just codified common sense for "inducing" a lost object to turn up.

A

Anonymous

2nd Principle

Unfortunately, the Professor's second principle--"It's Not Lost--YOU Are"-- just about sums me up. What do I do?

A

Anonymous

Second Principle

Advice to Mary:

That Second Principle leads in a natural sequence to the Third--namely, "Remember the 3 C's" (Comfort, Calmness, and Confidence). And the Third gets you into the right frame of mind to proceed with the subsequent practical principles.

Try it, the next time you misplace something.

M

Mary

Still lost

I've tried, but my lost object (a piece of artwork) remains lost. :(

A

Anonymous

missing artwork

Did you search its Eureka Zone--meticulously?

M

Mary

Eureka Zone

I did search the " Eureka Zone"-- super-meticulously. It wasn't there. :(

A

Anonymous

think back

Don't give up--at least not yet.

Have you tried Principle Eight: "Think Back"? This principle assumes that you know where that missing object is, but that the memory has become buried in your consciousness. Fish for it!

Scott_L_Lewis

Registered
Unsolicited Testimonial

I checked out these principles on the Professor Solomon website, and I've been making use of them quite successfully. Just this past Saturday, my wife was exasperated over losing a pair of scissors when she hadn't even gotten up from the table she was working at. I used the rule that what you are looking for is usually 18 to 24 inches from where it should be, and that it is just hidden from sight. Sure enough, I found the scissors in about 30 seconds. My wife had closed them up in a three-ring binder that was right on top of the table.

Good stuff! A classic example of simple, common-sense principles working like "magic."

C

CosmoGTD

As far as "losing things", I can't see what's wrong with the old fashioned method of screaming, and raging when you can't find it, and then in a paranoid frenzy, accusing a close friend or a house-guest of stealing a valuable object from you, and then finding it under the couch next year when you are vacuuming.

Coz

TesTeq

Registered
Eureka zone works.

The common-sense of the Eureka zone really works for me. The lost objects can be usually found not more than 18inches from where they should be.
TesTeq

Scott_L_Lewis

Registered
CosmoGTD said:
As far as "losing things", I can't see what's wrong with the old fashioned method of screaming, and raging when you can't find it, and then in a paranoid frenzy, accusing a close friend or a house-guest of stealing a valuable object from you, and then finding it under the couch next year when you are vacuuming.

Coz
Coz,

You're right. Now I'm going to have to find another way of getting rid of house-guests. (I knew there had to be a catch!)

A

Anonymous

Camouflage Effect

Scott Lewis--

I was pleased to hear that the Eureka Zone principle worked for you.

From what you describe, your wife was the victim of the Camouflage Effect (principle 7).

And yes, it's all really just common sense!

--Prof. Solomon

A

Anonymous

the Rash Accusation

Cosmo,

My book has a chapter titled "Common Mistakes to Beware." One of them is the Rash Accusation, which is described as follows:

"'Who's got my coffee mug?' (or stapler or newspaper or elephant) we demand, after only a superficial search. A rash accusation--in what will probably prove a case of mere misplacement."

And remember #3 of the 3 C's: Calmness! (I know that's not easy. But it's crucial.)

--Prof. Solomon