Fitness after 8 pm

TesTeq

Registered
How can you implement this using standard alarm clock?

innovyse;84080 said:
One thing I didn't mention in that post is the idea of sleeping in multiples of 90 minutes. In other words, it's better to sleep for 6 hours than for 7, and better to sleep for 7.5 hours than 8. This has to do with waking when the sleep cycle brings you to a shallow point in your sleep (i.e., an easier point from which to wake), which happens roughly every hour and a half. If you're always groggy in the morning and you sleep 8 hours, try 7.5 for a week and see if that helps.

You can set the alarm clock to wake you up at any given hour but how can you guarantee that you will fall asleep exactly 7.5 hours before?

innovyse

Registered
TesTeq;84083 said:

You can set the alarm clock to wake you up at any given hour but how can you guarantee that you will fall asleep exactly 7.5 hours before?

Yes, this requires you to estimate about how long it takes you to fall asleep. For me, it can be 30 minutes, so I factor that in, but others know that 5 minutes after they hit the pillow, they're out, so that's probably negligible for them.

David

TesTeq

Registered
Sleep monitoring alarm clock?

Maybe this product Sleeptracker is a solution. I've never used it so I don't know if it really works but I think the idea of a sleep monitoring alarm clock is very promising.

Nutrition Dude

Registered
some good tips in here:
but I hope I can help as this is what i do for a living.

Firstly, be wary of implementing other people sleep patterns. Instead remember tired all the time, even with plenty of sleep is a modern malaise; it has a number of causes from stress, and having too much, to disturbances.

To sort out what is what you have to enter a process of external and internal causes.

People suffer because of their diets, which do not fuel them properly, usually I find that people have stressful lives, dont unwind, have bad sleeping environments, and then dont fuel themselves properly. Fixing one wont get you very far, having a go at each is much more successful.

A forum isnt the place to go through the work of getting you in a good place to be able to sleep well and feel rested.

As for your fitness: after 8:00 is fine if that is the time you have, however, exercise can make people more awake, or more sleepy - or neither. Its handy to know how it affects you when you put it in your schedule.

The next thing is to know what you have planned, is it just cardio, in which case having a treadmill that folds up at home could be a cost/time effective method because one hour is only an hour out your day, while going to the gym could take double that with travelling and changing, let alone chatting. It also introduces some flexibility, and makes it easier to get up early and have some exercise before the day starts.

If you you are weight training then its a different picture - again a productive routine and combination helps.

Finally, exercising results, eventually, in improved fitness which can make you feel more energised, but again this extra fitness doesnt go far if the rest of your life is working against you.

Hope that gets you somewhere :)

JohnV474

Registered
In an ideal world...

To the OP, 8 p.m. is not too late to exercise. Be aware that exercise can have a stimulating effect that can last a few hours. Much of this will depend on what you mean by "exercise". If you mean a nightly walk or a short jog, this is less of an issue than if you are, for example, lifting heavy weights at full effort.

I am not sure what point TesTeq was trying to make by sharing sleep schedules. In any case, I do not recommend adopting anyone else's schedule blindly. We do not know if TesTeq gets a full night's sleep, nor do we know how your stress, hormone, nutrition, genetic, and fitness levels compare with anyone else's. Living on less sleep than you need leads to many problems.

The point TesTeq made that you can wake up earlier is a valid point, however. You could also do things to improve the quality of your sleep (quiet, dark room; no TV/Internet/media in last hour before bed, etc.), which may lessen the quantity you need. If you wake up with an alarm clock, that is a good sign that you are not resting enough.

I regularly exercise at 8-9 p.m. and have successfully done so for a long period of time. It is important to get started, as the majority of the improvement you receive from exercise will develop quickly, and that will improve your sleep quality.

Best of luck,
JohnV474

Bell Divirsky

Registered
Fitness after 8 pm

You can exercise 15 minutes in morning and just 15 minutes jogging in park. I think you can get freshness. Thanks

Mic

Registered
Headaches, sleepy, commute tired, feel sick after doing gym

tychinin;83414 said:
Another schedule

07.30 Wakeup and breakfast
08.00 Commute to work (sleepy, head akes, but sometimes learn Spanish)
10.00 Work (office, customers)
13.00 Lunch (usually with customers)
17.00 Commute to home (tired!)
19.00 Home sweet home, Eat!
20.00 Fitness at home gym (it's hard, I'm tired and feel sick after it)
21.00 TV!
22.00 Bed

Tychinin - All of the phenomina you describe lead to one cause - you probably don't drink enough. Just for the purpose of finding out if it is true, try drinking 4-5 glassess of water first thing in the morning for 4-5 days, and see if your whole feeling changes!

Mic