? for those using .txt files for GTD

ext555

Registered
Do you use a separate text file for each project or just one file for listing all projects ? I'm considering separating personal and work projects into two separate text files but that's about it .

Just curious , thanks !

Paul

DanGTD

Registered
GTD is focused heavily on Contexts, besides Projects.
I'm not sure how you can associate tasks both to a context and a project using .txt files.

Anyway, if projects are part of a bigger project I would add these to a single file, or if in separate files I would name them so they stick together in the file explorer.

jknecht

Registered
My latest incarnation of my system...

I keep a file for the list of projects -- one file for business projects and one for personal projects.

I also keep a file for each context which contains my next actions for that contexts.

---

I've also been toying with the idea of creating a single file for each project that holds the project name, description, notes, waiting fors, agendas, and next actions. If I format the file correctly, then it should be simple to write a program that can extract all the next actions into context lists. But too much going on right now to mess with it.

For now, the list-based approach is simple, and it mostly works.

ext555

Registered
thanks for all the responses ! I have found it helpful just to keep a txt file of current projects , one list for business, one for personal . Just glancing at everything at once will often lead me to add another task to my system .

it's nothing like my weekly review but just a quick " horizon scan " every day ..it really makes my brain settle down : )