(Free) D*I*Y Planner 2.0 Released

douglasjohnston

Registered
Just wanted to let you fellow primates know that the new version of my do-it-yourself (paper) planner kit has been released. Currently, it's for standard 5.5"x8.5" paper, but a version for A5 is in the pipe.

Included are 50+ templates of ooey-gooey organisational goodness, some stylish covers, a receipt envelope craft project, a detailed handbook, undated calendars, mix-and-match forms, and more. It's mostly inspired by GTD, but plenty of generic templates and even a few niggly bits of Covey await the do-it-yourselfers who desire a highly tweakable and uber-configurationable (tm) set of dead trees that can help them waste as much time as they save.

As usual, the D*I*Y Planner is offered for free download under a Creative Commons license. Grab it from the million monkeys at:
http://www.douglasjohnston.net/templates/
or check out the blog at:
http://www.douglasjohnston.net

It's been a long few months of work, and the monkeys are so very tired. Be sure to drop me a line and let me know what you think.

all my best,
dj

B

brad304

DIY Planner

Outstanding job with the planner!

I have not seen that Stephen Covey weekly review page since I had his planner back in 1993. I missed that form. Also, I really like the job hunting form as I am currently a student.

Thanks.

-Brad

TesTeq

Registered
Douglas,

Thank you and your monkeys for creating such useful set of general and special purpose forms. The value of this collection is increased by the fact that you haven't limited it to just GTD forms (for example Covey Quadrant or Cornell Notes).

Now i am eagerly waiting for A5 version.

TesTeq

TesTeq

Registered
Great job.

Douglas,

Thank you once again for a great job.

I think the return of the "2 up version" is *very* important since it makes printing much easier in some setups.

The lack of the "2 up A5" version is not a big problem since we - Europeans - can use Acrobat 6 Reader scaling to achieve appropriate result.

TesTeq

douglasjohnston

Registered
TesTeq said:
I think the return of the "2 up version" is *very* important since it makes printing much easier in some setups.

The lack of the "2 up A5" version is not a big problem since we - Europeans - can use Acrobat 6 Reader scaling to achieve appropriate result.

Whoops. Didn't mention that there is an optional "2-up A5" version available from the A5 Version link. Thanks for reminding me.

And thanks again for your help, TesTeq!

all my best,
dj

Dawn

Registered
Great job!

I've finally had a chance to take a look at this, and I just wanted to say, "Bravo"! I enjoy using Word to make my own forms (usually very simple ones), but if I didn't, I would certainly use some of these. If you don't mind, I'd like to add a link to your page on my website and yahoo group.

douglasjohnston

Registered
Dawn said:
I've finally had a chance to take a look at this, and I just wanted to say, "Bravo"! I enjoy using Word to make my own forms (usually very simple ones), but if I didn't, I would certainly use some of these. If you don't mind, I'd like to add a link to your page on my website and yahoo group.

Thank you much, and regarding the links, I would be honoured.

all my best,
dj