• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Free digital tickler on Mac

I think the best way to do that, in a good app like Wudnerlist for example, is to append a made-up due date, on which you want to have the item appear. Then when the due date arrives, put the item in the inbox and remove the phony due-date
 
And many todo apps also have a separate "start" date or "scheduled" date that you can use as a tickler date. That is what I do.

If you still prefer to use a calendar (such as GCal) I would advise you to create a separate calendar named Tickler (in a different color), keep it invisible most of the time and set up a default for automatic email reminders from the calendar to your todo app's inbox when the date arrives.
 
I'm a huge fan of Evernote for this. Create a notebook titled Tickler, create a note for each item, and add a Reminder for when you want to be notified.
 
chirmer said:
I'm a huge fan of Evernote for this. Create a notebook titled Tickler, create a note for each item, and add a Reminder for when you want to be notified.

Yeah, I do the same thing. It works well for me.
 
Top