• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

FYI One Laptop per child ordering info

In case anyone is interested, here is the link.

Click here: One Laptop per Child (OLPC), a low-cost, connected laptop for the world's children's education

While the merits of the project seem unquestionably good, I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about the device itself?
 
hxxp://laptop.org/

I had the opportunity to play around with one last year during ShmooCon 2007 in DC. The first think I liked about it was the color scheme...it's like a green and white Skittle. And the mesh antennas are fun to play with--they spin around like little computer ears. Functionally it's a cool computer with a lot of ground breaking laptop advancements. It works as advertised and is truly a great computer. As a techie person, I love the addition of a "Show Source Code" button. However, this laptop was built with children in mind and for as cheap as possible. So it's not going to perform like a Dell XPS.

I love the concept and would encourage everyone to participate in the "Give One, Get One" program they have going on until Dec 31. You pay $399 ($200 of which is tax deductible) and you get a laptop as well as sending one to a child in a developing country!

hxxp://laptopgiving.org/en/give-one-get-one.php

_Steve
 
Top