Gmail

A

Anonymous

I just got Gmail, haven't used it much yet. But it looks pretty cool. There is an interface where you can associate labels with messages rather than putting them in folders. So a message could be associated with more than one keyword.

Also there are very good search/retrieval facilities with your message archive.

Has anyone done much with Gmail and GTD workflow and have any experiences to share?

severance1970

Registered
Has anyone done much with Gmail and GTD workflow and have any experiences to share?

Until Gmail is out of beta, I can only wallow in jealousy. I'd love to share my Gmail experiences if I could get an invite :wink:

P

pigpogm

Where to?

I'd love to share my Gmail experiences if I could get an invite

I can do that - where do you want it sending?

If you don't want to post your email address, just mail me at michael@pigpog.com, and I'll send you an invite.

bkgood1

Registered
Re: What's Gmail?

smithdoug said:
What the heck is Gmail?

It is a new free email service from Google. You get 1GB of storage for your messages, which is a lot of space. Plus there are some cool features for searching and organizing your messages.

One controversial aspect is that it scans your email and displays ads on the side of the screen based on whatever keywords it finds therein. That doesn't particularly bother me but it might bother some people.

Right now it is in Beta phase, which means you have to be invited to get an account, but there seem to be a lot of invites floating around these days. I don't have any invites to give away though.

I think the ability to assign labels to messages and catalog them online might be interesting/useful to GTD users.

P

pigpogm

All out now

Just to avoid getting anyone else excited about it - I'm afraid I'm all out of invites now.

Maybe if anyone else has spares, they could post here? There seem to be a few board members after accounts.

A

Anonymous

I'd definately be interested in one, if someone could send it to me.

oloukas (at) hotmail.com

Thank you :)

M

mochant

I have a couple but there are strings attached

UPDATE: The two Gmail invites have been awarded to ScottL and Maturin. Thanks for your contributions to the forum and community. As I get more invites, I'll make a similar offer so if you're one of those who have been "lurking" go ahead and register and join in the conversation.

I have two Gmail accounts I'd be happy to share with the following stipulations:

1. You must be a registered member of this community.

2. You must have contributed at least three posts to the forums prior to today.

I really want to make sure these go to active community members as my way of saying "thanks" for your contributions to the conversation.

PM me or send mail to my Gmail address: mochant <at> gmail <dot> com

--Marc

severance1970

Registered
Thanks to pigpogm I'll have karma to give before long. My Gmail account is set up, but the "Invite a friend to join Gmail" link isn't on my home page yet. Once it is I'll off Gmail invites under the same two stipulations mochant made.

akibbe02
at
gmail
dot
com

plaid

Registered
gmail

Gameboy70 said:
Thanks to pigpogm I'll have karma to give before long. My Gmail account is set up, but the "Invite a friend to join Gmail" link isn't on my home page yet. Once it is I'll off Gmail invites under the same two stipulations mochant made.

akibbe02
at
gmail
dot
com

I'd love a gmail account. I just registered here today, but I've been a lurker here and have made a few guest posts all using my now registered username plaid. I currently have to keep deleting mail out of my webmail accounts so that I can keep getting email from all the GTD messageboards I follow!

Anthony

R

rav

Would anybody be able to send me an invite to gmail?

Would anybody be able to send me an invite to gmail?

Thanks,

Rav
r a v i n d e r _ w a l i a AT h o t m a i l DOT c o m

A

Anonymous

gmail

could anyone there please invite me to gmail??

cheers

anoop

a n o o p w a l i a AT h o t m a i l DOT c o m

A

Anonymous

Before you all run out of invites...

There are hundreds of them available on Ebay, just make sure that you pick a decent seller based on their feedback. The cost ranges from 3-10$.

:D