• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Going for a walk - part of weekly review.

I've recently developed the habit of going for a walk for my weekly review (with a small notepad in my pocket). I walk to a nearby park that overlooks the sea - trying to think of things I need to add to my action or project lists. Of course I look at my trigger lists, diary etc in my office, but for lateral thinking, more innovative ideas and for higher level stuff - the fresh air seems to help.

Does anyone else have unusual things they do for there weekly review? Maybe mine's not so unusual!
 
I agree about the walking and in fact do this every day. I walk for an hour each evening and use my Nokia N70 as a dictaphone to record ideas and things to do and I find it a very useful time indeed.
 
I do mine while watching sport events on tv Sunday afternoon. Something about the ebb and tide of a sporting event sharpens my perspective on the wins and losses of life.
 
pageta;45709 said:
I do mine while watching sport events on tv Sunday afternoon. Something about the ebb and tide of a sporting event sharpens my perspective on the wins and losses of life.

I've gotta try this one.

"Honey, can you bring me another beer and some pretzels....I'm doing my weekly review!"

:D
 
Top