• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Good transcription application?

Hi there,

I'm a big Jott fan and use it often. It makes me wonder about more industrial-strength applications that convert MP3 to text.

Specifically, I'm interested in taking several dozen hours of meeting recordings and having them automatically transcribed.

I have Naturally Speaking and know I can get this done using Naturally Speaking, but I'm looking for something else.

Have any of you GTDers used a service or software that automates this?

Thank you.
 
cornell;54895 said:
It would be helpful to hear why you're not happy with Dragon. It's considered the best of breed, AFAIK.

More the "least worst", in the Churchill/democracy way, unless something's changed lately.

Dragon has had business problems in every incarnation they've had for over a decade, and that's affected their ability to advance the art, on account of they probably have to keep firing the smart guys.

The things being done at places like the MIT Media Lab, Bell Labs/AT&T Research/Lucent/whatever they're called these days, and in call-processing systems like Amtrak's "Julie" IVR, are nothing short of amazing. Someday, that'll make its way down to PCs, maybe.
 
Rosenman;54830 said:
Hi there,

I'm a big Jott fan and use it often. It makes me wonder about more industrial-strength applications that convert MP3 to text.

Specifically, I'm interested in taking several dozen hours of meeting recordings and having them automatically transcribed.

I have Naturally Speaking and know I can get this done using Naturally Speaking, but I'm looking for something else.

Have any of you GTDers used a service or software that automates this?

Thank you.

Have you considered finding a secretarial service to do the transcription for you?
 
Top