great freeware GTD compatible software

V

vmmattil

I found it quite hard to find useful, good software. Maybe some of you would like to share what you use? I can send you a gmail invitation as a thank you gift :).

I use the following:

-gmail, I have configured every mail that contains {gtd} in the subject to get the GTD label
-the Outlook add-in just run out for me, but it was great. The price is probably too much for me to buy, so I need an equivalent free version :).
-I synchronize my outlook tasks with my Series 60 device
-I have todo lists (simple text files that are easy to transfer anywhere, anytime) on my desktop for various contexts.
-I keep my Outlook inbox empty by manually doing some of the functionality implemented in the outlook add-in

Please contribute your thought and systems.

TesTeq

Registered
Re: great freeware GTD compatible software

vmmattil said:
-I synchronize my outlook tasks with my Series 60 device

What kind of Series 60 device do you use?

What kind of link do you use for PC synchronization? (Or Macintosh?)

I haven't manage to connect my Nokia 6670 using USB connection to WinXP machine. Even with the newest Nokia USB drivers nothing worked.
I bought USB-Bluetooth adapter and currently use Bluetooth connection which fails very rarely.

And I've never had to reset my smartphone. As a standalone device it is very stable.

TesTeq

V

vmmattil

I currently have the Nokia 6630 but also use the 7650.

I use PC, WinXP and Bluetooth, of course. MS Outlook 2003 and Nokia Suite. I have no problems at all. Are you sure you have configured a COM port to be used when synchronizing with USB? Actually I'm not sure if you need that only when using BT.

What errors are you seeing?

br,
Marcus

TesTeq

Registered
Nokia problems.

I'm not going to use USB connection anymore since Bluetooth is ratherworking.
The inconveniences with Bluetooth are following:
1) Both transceivers must be within the 1 meter range;
2) I must switch Bluetooth visibility to "public" for proper recognition by the desktop PC.
3) I am using Nokia autolock security feature. When the phone locks - it does not accept any Bluetooth connections. So - when I forget to unlock it - some PC Suite functions seem to not work.
There is also some kind of "memory leak" problem I'm experiencing because currently WAP browser (through GPRS) refuses to work when Bluetooth is on. I will find out what is going on.
TesTeq

V

vmmattil

Re: Nokia problems.

TesTeq said:
I'm not going to use USB connection anymore since Bluetooth is ratherworking.

Great.

The inconveniences with Bluetooth are following:
1) Both transceivers must be within the 1 meter range;

I thought the BT range is about 10 meters.
2) I must switch Bluetooth visibility to "public" for proper recognition by the desktop PC.
3) I am using Nokia autolock security feature. When the phone locks - it does not accept any Bluetooth connections. So - when I forget to unlock it - some PC Suite functions seem to not work.

True, but what are you complaining - if you want to use the cable you must first locate the cable and then connect it :).

TesTeq

Registered
Re: Nokia problems.

vmmattil said:
I thought the BT range is about 10 meters.
So did I. I am also using Bluetooth headset and it has range problems too. But I can live with that. Usually I do not need longer range and this restriction improves my phone security :D .
TesTeq