• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Group NA's by verb

I use the Outlook add-in. All my tasks start with a GTD Verb e.g. Print: Doc1 or Review: Doc 2 etc.

How do I group tasks by verb in outlook? I want to see all tasks that start with Print irrespective of the project or context.

I do not want to have Print as a context my only contexts are Agenda, Computer, Office. I can have tasks that start with Review in all 3 contexts

Any help would be most welcome. PS I am using 2002
 
Greystoke;56361 said:
Yes sort alphabetically and also be able to group by verb.

OK, I don't think there's a way to do this. I also take it that sorting alphabetically so that all subjects line up by the first word (i.e. the verb) isn't an acceptable substitute.

I understand that you are probably using your categories as contexts but consider this possibility: use your categories for both verbs and contexts. Start your contexts with an @ sign so they group alphabetically to the top and your verbs will group alphabetically at the bottom. I do something similar and it works pretty well.

Tom S.
 
Top