• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD Add-in on loaner machine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tDot
  • Start date Start date
T

tDot

Guest
My laptop is in for repairs, and I am using a loaner for a few weeks. I've become very dependant on the Add-in for Projects & Sub-projects. I'd like to install the Add-in on the loaner machine so I can work GTD as usual.

Question: Are there any risks associated with doing this? Any potential for data problems? ...do my Projects and Subprojects live on my laptop?

Can I make use of my projects while I have this loaner????
 
Depends - are you using the laptop connected to a work/exchange server or is it a stand-alone personal machine?

If the former, then I'm not sure because I do not use the product.

If the latter then I can assure you that EVERYTHING lives on your laptop. No, you cannot use your projects because they are on the computer that you sent in for repairs. In fact, it would have been a good idea to back up your machine before sending it in for repairs.
 
If you are using the same pst file from you laptop getting repaired I don't see any problem. I move my outlook pst file from my desktop to my laptop all the time and both have the Add-in installed. :D
 
Top