• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD add-in question about tasks and delegation

  • Thread starter Thread starter artangco
  • Start date Start date
A

artangco

Guest
With the GTD outlook add-in how do I create a new task and then delegate/defer. I can do this with emails but not with newly created tasks. Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks,
Saviz
 
Yup - just create the task, and set its action to WaitingFor. For the title, say "Brian to send Q3 report 2006-01-27" or somesuch.
 
Another Method

Or better yet, compose an e-mail to the person responsible and select the send and delegate option. This will send an e-mail and create the waiting for task. Plus it ensures that the person getting the task has a copy of an e-mail delegating the responsibility. I do this as a reminder, even if I've already talked to the person face-to-face., e.g. " per our discussion this morning, you will do /foo/ by /when/ ...." etc.
 
Top