• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

GTD and corporate intranets

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
I finished reading GTD last week and a second reading last night. I can't believe how much this book has opened my eyes. I've been dealing with email at the office, at home and on the road. I faithfully use my Treo and still use my Franklin-Covey Planner...and I "thought" I was well organized.

I went into my office today when nobody except the cleaning crew was there and absolutely THRASHED my office. It took me nearly 9 hours to collect, process and organize. But it was EXHILARATING to see all that I accomplished...and how much PAPER I had unnecessarily burdened myself with.

Our firm makes heavy use of an intranet for scheduling, itineraries, project teams (product status, notes, files, legal, etc) and whatnot.

I normally tag stuff in my paper planner related to the intranet material...What are you all doing?
 
messing with MeetingMaker

The place I work uses MeetingMaker extensively for planning meetings, but not everyone is on it or uses it, which makes it completely usuitable to be a major aspect of my planning system, Instead, I check it every morning to be sure that I have any meeting in my main calendar, which can be synchronized with my PDA. I also leave it on during the day, just in case a meeting changes.

In other words, it is just a place I check, like email, for projects/next actions.

David

P.S. I also block off time on it for me to actually work, so that I don't end up in meetings all day, every day.
 
Top